Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. The elementary school years is the great foundation to your child’s social and educational development. Being a member and becoming more involved let’s you become a part of the development that they will never forget.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students. Meet other parents, get to know your child’s teachers and the OFRS staff at a different level.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community. Relish in your child’s delight and pride when you are an active role model and participant of the school.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school. By being a member, your vote counts. Share your thoughts and bring new ideas.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. You play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a OFRS PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Your child is proud and excited to have you involved in school.
Your annual membership opens the door to new opportunities and everlasting memories!
You can join one of two ways, by either downloading and send in your